Gihan is the co-founder of Ministry of Supply, a men’s clothing company that offers blazers, shirts, and pants optimized for fit, feel, and function. In November of 2015, Gihan set the Guinness World Record for the fastest half-marathon (the Glouster Half Merrython) while wearing a full suit, a record previously held by a runner wearing a rival clothing brand. The record earned coverage in outlets like Runner’s World and Fast Company.
Tune into this interview to hear:
- How he fit 55-65 miles a week during his training for the record which included Thanksgiving and a 6 city international trip in Asia
- The most uncomfortable part of running in a suit
- How their dress pants’ V2 upgrades helped Gihan run more comfortably
- The running school record that’s been held by both his older and younger brother
- How a guy named Kyle made a difference in the race
- Why Gihan’s favorite quote comes from an Apollo commander Jim McDivit